37 Questions with RVT Rachael Thompson
Get to know the newest member to our City Way Animal Clinics – Mass Ave team, Rachael Thompson. Rachael is a Registered Veterinary Technician and recently joined our crew in February. Learn about her interests outside of work, her current favorite Indy spots, and so much more!
1. What was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Rachael: I helped run puppy socialization classes in college.
2. At what age did you know you wanted to become a Veterinary Technician?
Rachael: At 16, I knew I wanted to work in veterinary medicine. I didn’t decide I wanted to be a technician until I was 20.
3. What do you like most about City Way Animal Clinics?
Rachael: Being closely involved with the downtown community.
4. What aspect of being a Veterinary Technician do you enjoy the most?
Rachael: Watching pets grow up as beloved family members.
5. What is the most recent book you read?
Rachael: I recently finished the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness.
6. What is your all time time favorite movie?
7. Who is your favorite actor of all time?
Rachael: Aidan Turner.
8. Who is your favorite actress of all time?
Rachael: Maggie Smith.
9. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 things would you have and why?
Rachael: My kindle so that I could have hundreds of books to read, my favorite pillow because I don’t sleep well without it, and my phone to play music on.
10. Favorite board game of all time?
Rachael: I just got the Harry Potter edition of Clue and I love it!
11. If you were an animated character, who would you be and why?
Rachael: Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist as she exemplifies most of the characteristics I admire in others.
12. Do you have a favorite line from a book?
Rachael: “Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.” – Harry Potter
13. Best vacation or travel spot?
Rachael: Minneapolis, MN.
14. How do you define success?
Rachael: Being content in all aspects of your life
15. If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
Rachael: JK Rowling.
16. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see cast as you?
Rachael: Liv Tyler
17. If you could only drink one cocktail or beer for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Rachael: Cucumber Kölsch from Flat 12.
18. What is your current favorite place to visit in Indianapolis?
Rachael: Carroll Stadium during Indy Eleven matches.
19. If you could witness any historical event, what would you want to see?
Rachael: The Doors in concert.
20. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Rachael: My homemade beef lasagna.
21. If you were an animal what would you be?
Rachael: A giraffe.
22. What is your motto or personal mantra?
Rachael: Worrying means you suffer twice.
23. What do you always want to try but have not yet?
24. What if your favorite thing to do on your days off?
Rachael: Take the dogs on walks along the Cultural Trail or to Garfield Park
25. What is an ability you wish you had?
Rachael: I wish I were better at public speaking.
26. What is one item on your bucket list?
Rachael: Visit every continent.
27. What is the first concert you attended?
Rachael: The Spice Girls.
28. What is the most important thing you have learned in the last five years?
Rachael: Having a supportive group of friends is the most valuable thing a person can have.
29. What is the one food item that you can never resist eating?
Rachael: Fried pickles!
30. What is one thing you can’t live without?
Rachael: My Kindle.
31. What is your favorite sports team to watch on tv?
Rachael: Indy Eleven and Arsenal.
32. What places do you like exploring in Indianapolis?
Rachael: I moved to Fountain Square nearly a year ago and I’m still finding new places here that I love!
33. What is your hidden talent?
Rachael: I know all the words a large number of rap songs.
34. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
Rachael: Sales for a craft beer company.
35. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
Rachel: Always remain true to yourself.
36. What is your current go-to place to eat in Indy?
Rachael: Union Jack Pub in Broad Ripple.
37. You’re happiest when?
Rachael: I’m cheering on Indy Eleven in the West End of Carroll Stadium.