39 Questions with Veterinary Assistant, Nicki Grider
If you’ve met our Vet Assistant, Nicki G., then you most likely know that she is like a breathe of fresh air! Her positive attitude and ability to make the best of situations is a true gift she has – especially when it comes to our clients. Get to know Nicki and find out what makes her the most happy in life as well as several fun facts shared in our interview below.
1. What was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Nicki: I worked in the village at Conner Prairie one summer. I just sat there and did needlepoint and I couldn’t talk to anyone or smile because I had braces.
2. At what age did you know you wanted to work with pets?
Nicki: I’ve always loved animals and started as a receptionist at my first clinic when I was 20.
3. What are three 3 words to describe City Way Animal Clinics to a new client?
Nicki: Modern, affordable, quality.
4. What do you like most about City Way Animal Clinics?
Nicki: The atmosphere – we all work hard but we have fun, too. Everyone has your back if you’re having a rough day.
5. What is your proudest moment at City Way Animal Clinics?
Nicki: I’ve had many moments of going outside of my comfort zone and learning new skills. You can teach an old dog new tricks. 🙂
6. What aspect of your job do you enjoy the most?
Nicki: I love talking to clients and helping them learn the best ways to care for their pets.
7. How many donuts are you capable of eating in one sitting?
Nicki: Ugh too many. lol
8. What is the most recent book you read?
Nicki: There’s a Wocket in my Pocket – I read it to my daughter.
9. What is your all time time favorite movie?
Nicki: Reservoir Dogs or Hairspray (the John Waters version)
10. Who is your favorite actor of all time?
Nicki: Bill Murray – he’s rad.
11. Who is your favorite actress of all time?
Nicki: I think Emily Blunt seems like she’d be fun to hang out with and she picks pretty cool roles.
12. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 things would you have and why?
Nicki: My ukulele, a water filter, sunscreen – I like music and I’d have free time, I would be thirsty and I like fresh water, and I’m very fair.
12. Favorite board game of all time?
Nicki: Scattergories is pretty fun – is that a board game?
13. If you were an animated character, who would you be and why?
Nicki: Probably Betty Boop or Tina from Bob’s Burgers – maybe those two mixed together.
14. Do you have a favorite line from a movie?
Nicki: “Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!!” – Ghostbusters
15. Any random facts you could share with us?
Nicki: I can sing the song “American Pie” in Pig Latin. It’s pretty annoying.
16. Best vacation or travel spot?
Nicki: I love Disney, but if I want to relax then a beach house on the Gulf Shore is perfect.
17. Do you have an office nickname? What is it?
Nicki: Not that I know of – don’t tell me!
18. How do you define success?
Nicki: Feeling proud of your work, making a difference in your community/the world, balancing your family and career without neglecting either.
19. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see cast as you?
Nicki: Melissa McCarthy – she’d make me funnier for sure.
20. If you could only drink one beer or cocktail for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Nicki: Strongbow Cider.
21. What is your current favorite place to visit in Indianapolis?
Nicki: The Children’s Museum with my husband and baby girl.
22. If you could witness any historical event, what would you want to see?
Nicki: The inauguration of the first female president – this is a future event?
23. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Nicki: Saag paneer with naan and basmati rice.
24. If you were an animal what would you be?
Nicki: A Persian cat.
25. What is your motto or personal mantra?
Nicki: Enjoy each day, don’t let anyone bring you down. Life’s too short to waste time being unhappy.
26. People would be surprised if they knew:
Nicki: Before I had my daughter, I was in a band called Frayed Edges with my best friend and another buddy.
27. What celebrity do people think you look like?
Nicki: Ricki Lake and I really do.
28. What do you always want to try but have not yet?
Nicki: I’ve always wanted to go into space but I don’t think that will ever happen because I’m claustrophobic and get motion sickness.
29. What is your favorite thing to do on your days off?
Nicki: Hang out with my family, play my ukulele, read about current events.
30. What is one item on your bucket list?
Nicki: Go to Ireland and the U.K.
31. What is the first concert you attended?
Nicki: Kenny G. I was 10.
32. What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
Nicki: All the houses in a cul de sac so my parents, my in laws, and my family could all be closer.
33. What is the most important thing you have learned in the last five years?
Nicki: The people who care about your well being are priceless and worth holding onto.
34. What is the one food item that you can never resist eating?
Nicki: Jordan Brinker’s meatballs.
35. What is one thing you can’t live without?
Nicki: My daughter.
36. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
Nicki: Teacher or musician.
37. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
Nicki: My husband makes me laugh/cry – he’s ridiculous.
38. What is your current go-to place to eat in Indy?
Nicki: Clay Oven on the south side – best Indian food in town!
39. You’re happiest when…
Nicki: My baby is happy, my belly is full, my house is peaceful (4 dogs and 2 cats).